We all have to deal with puffy eyes at one time or another. Here are the known solutions for treating the common puffy eyes:
- Puffiness can be caused by excessive salt/sodium intake in the body. The best thing for your eyes and body is to stay away from salty foods – beware of processed food (loaded in sodium) and seasonings such as soy sauce. After a salty meal, try to drink a large glass of water or a cup of green or chamomile tea before bedtime to flush out the sodium from your body.
- Got allergies? If they cause your puffy eyes, take an anti-histamine such as Claritin or Reactine.
- If your pillow is too flat, try using an extra pillow to elevate your head so the fluid doesn’t settle under the skin around your eyes.
- Use an eye gel that contains anti-inflammatory ingredients. Look for ingredients such asÂ caffeine, cucumber and/or chamomile. Keep in mind that many eye creams are hit-or-miss, one product may work on some people but not for all.
- Use a couple of wet black tea bags (the tea has to be caffeinated) that had been in the fridge for at least 15 minutes and put them on your eyes for 10 minutes. The caffeine will drain the fluid and theÂ cold will constrict blood vessels.
- Cool cucumber slices are handy too; but they work better on puffy eyes due to allergies.
Makeup Tips for Puffy Eyes:
- Stay clear of shimmery, bright or dark eyeshadows and eyeliners. These will draw attention to the swelling, not improve it.
- If you use a concealer, use one that is light textured near just the inner and outer corners of your eyes.
- Play up your cheeks or lips to draw attention away from your eyes.
If you have suffered from puffy eyes for a long time, keep in mind that it will take some time for the condition to go away. Don’t expect any products to work overnight! Also, remember that excessive sodium intake is the culprit in many cases. A home-cooked meal light on sodium will minimize exposure to it (and it’s better for people with water-retention related bloating too).
©Copyright 2013 by Joseibi.com. All rights reserved. No sum or part of any articles on Joseibi.com may be reproduced and reposted outside joseibi.com without permission.