This is the second product in OHUI’s The First series that I have tried. I have this in a deluxe 10ml sample jar, which lasted me 3 weeks when used nightly.
Info on OHUI The First and Cell Redesigning Cream:
- OHUI The First is a premium skin care line sold exclusively at department stores. It turns aged skin like that of a baby by stimulating the skin’s mother cells. It consists of five products in total.
- It contains key ingredients that rejuvenate the skin, including stemSP, which is structured similarly to human growth hormones, and Pycnogenol.
- A key ingredient of OHUI The First is stemSP, which is a protein that stimulates the skin’s mother cells. Although the skin has only 3% stemSP, it is important in stimulating the skin’s stem cells, which form 90% of the skin. StemSP plays a critical role in maintaining the skin’s homeostasis and metabolism and helps the skin restore its health and youth on its own.
- In addition, OHUI The First contains Pycnogenol, one of the world’s top three natural antioxidants. Extracted from pine bark indigenous to the pristine French coastal region, it is an antioxidant known to be ten times more effective than vitamin E.
- The First Redesigning Treatment Cream is formulated to effectively improve all signs of aging, including fine lines around the eyes, dull skin, blemishes and imperfect complexion. Through the intensive application of OHUI’s bio-engineering technology, it creates an immediate difference in the skin. A cream enriched with the most refined nutrients – as the gel is rapidly absorbed, it gives a firm tightness to skin as soon as it is applied.
- The product containers are also designed luxuriously and elegantly in a silver and gold theme. Rose absolute fragrance is added to relax the stressed body and mind.
When I bothered to put all this information here in my review, you can assume that it’s either very good, or completely bogus. This cream is very impressive, and I must admit, when I used it up, I went into some kind of withdrawal!
First off, the texture of this cream is gel like, which defied my expectation. I had used the Cell Revolution Cream and found it to be very thick and emollient, and this gel-like texture of the Cell Redesigning Cream caught me off guard – in a good way. It spreads very easily and felt thin, but moisturizing. It didn’t feel as greasy as the Cell Revolution Cream either. As far as the ‘immediate difference’ goes, they didn’t lie, because I did notice my fine lines plumped, and not from silicone either, it’s from the hydration. It’s one of the very very few products that plumped my fine lines right away (the other one being SKII Facial Treatment Mask).
The scent is strong, but at least it’s a fragrance that I don’t mind (Rose Absolute). I used this product at night for 3 weeks and my skin looked visibly rejuvenated in the morning, but not greasy. My skin could still breathe under this light gel-film.
Even though I think I will need the full size to see dramatic, more long term results, I am quite convinced that this will work, even if it’s just the hydration itself. Somehow, I am not able to find anything that hydrates my skin enough to plump my forehead fine lines (and not from some optical cheap tricks like mica or silicones). As steep as the price is, if I ever have it in my budget, I will not mind investing in the full size product.
Bottom line: my favorite OHUI product so far!